- $200,000,000 – CG(X) (Next generation cruiser) – cancelled as redundant.
- $1,300,000,000 – Kinetic Energy Interceptor – system FAILED – cancelled.
- $2,000,000,000 – XM2001 Crusader Self-Propelled Howitzer – Cancelled as redundant
- $160,000,000,000 (!!!) XM1203 NLOS Cannon systems – Future Combat Systems – Cancelled in 2009 as a system unnecessary for the mission of the Army as it is defined today.
- $3,200,000,000 – TSAT – Transformational Satellite Communication System – Cancelled as redundant.
- $3,300,000,000 – Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. Canceled due to cost overruns of 270%
- $5,000,000,000 – Airborne Laser System – Canceled as operationally stupid.
- $5,800,000,000 – National Polar-orbiting Operational Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS) – 25% overruns, 5 years behind schedule, failed every test.
- $6,000,000,000 – Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) – cancelled, restarted, failed network integration testing, still ONGOING.
- $6,900,000,000 – RAH66 Comanche – TWO aircraft built. Took so long to build that the technology became obsolete before the program got off the ground. Literally – the helicopter probably couldn’t fly with modern weaponry.
- $19,000,000,000 – Future Combat Systems – cancelled in 2009 due to cost overruns and schedule expansion.
$210,700,000,000.00 WASTED on programs that failed, were redundant, or took forever to build.
Enough to fund the National School Lunch Program, as it exists today for over 32 years.
Enough to pay for (and I’m not making this number up) 22,391,073+ semesters of college at state colleges.
This spending, this CORPORATE WELFARE cost taxpayers an average of $1727.05 EACH. If you’re not bitching about THIS, then you need to shut the hell up about the $36.00 per year the average tax payer spends for the Food Stamp program…
Oh, and speaking of the Food Stamp program, this would have paid for it for over three years.
TELL ME AGAIN how our priorities are not screwed up???